Virtual Workshop Series • follow the light • Episode # 2
16:00 – 17:30
FOUR EPISODES ∙ GREAT CAST ∙ NEW INSIGHTS
While classical optics is reaching its limits, freeform optics make the physically feasible possible and open up completely new horizons for manufacturers of life science products, automation solutions and sensor technology. fo+ [freeform optics plus] – an association of scientists, developers and manufacturers – offers users from high-tech sectors the opportunity to learn more about freeform optics, their areas of application and optical properties.
Shaping the Future – Freeform Optics for Laser Material Processing
Beam shaping is especially suitable for laser material processing, such as cutting, welding and marking in the field of micromachining. Although Gaussian intensity distributions can be used to realize small structure sizes by direct material removal, there are weaknesses regarding removal depth and quality.
In cooperation with Otto Schott Institute of Materials Research (OSIM) in and ifw Jena, asphericon will present latest results from a joint research project. The presentation will focus on various tailored intensity distributions based on freeform optics with regard to their suitability for femtosecond laser material processing. On the one hand, the micro and nano range is addressed when femtosecond lasers are used for cutting, marking and structuring surfaces. On the other hand, we also discuss laser powers of several kilowatts for welding and cutting.
Dr. Ulrike Fuchs | asphericon GmbH
Dr. Stephan Gräf | Otto-Schott-Institut für Materialforschung OSIM
Stefan Ulrich | Günter-Köhler-Institut für Fügetechnik und Werkstoffprüfung
What can you expect?
- Learn about non-rotationally symmetric beam distributions for optimized use in the context of laser material processing
- Presentation of latest research results with specific application relevance
- Discussion of challenges and opportunities with beam shaping approaches based on freeforms
- Presentation of plug & play solutions for immediate improvement of application processes
Who should attend?
- Laser Material Processing Experts & Engineers
- Laser Scientists
Why should you attend?
- You want to gain a deeper understanding of the unique features of freeform solutions
- You want to improve processing results and significantly reduce processing time
- You want to find out how you can really transform your ideas into highly efficient optical systems
- You want to get highly distilled knowledge as expertise to go
Dr. Thomas Hegenbart | asphericon GmbH
Anke Mank | OptoNet e.V.
PARTICIPATION & BOOKING CONDITIONS
The event registration is open, 150 places are available. Participation is free of charge. You will receive the access data for the digital workshop platform ZOOM by email in good time before the start of the event.
By submitting this registration form, you agree that your name will be included on a list of participants which will be available to the other participants. You also acknowledge that images of the event may be displayed on our websites and social media.