OptoNet-Mitgliederfrühstück • How to Present to Investors
9:00 – 11:00
STORIES, PEOPLE & Strategies
OptoNet strongly believes in the enormous innovation potential of our companies and the scientists and founders of our universities and research institutions. Raising the attention of international investors and stakeholders – there’s room for improvement in the Thuringian photonics region. While highlighting scientific parameters we sometimes forget to tell our stories and talk about benefits and which societal and users challenges our technology and teams will solve.
- What do investors want to hear about?
- Is there a difference to grant givers like the ministries, Horizon 2020 etc?
- How do VC’s operate?
- What are good pitching strategies?
- How do we talk about our teams?
All members are warmly invited!
As culture and language make a difference and to include foreign photonics experts, Phd’s, students and founders – thank you for being flexible to have this topic in English language.
Ian Tracey matches money, IP and people by sharing his knowledge and network and helping companies to grow by being a critical friend. After years supporting startups and organizations like CERN – where he managed a 23 institutes, 19 country IP network (GSI and DESY are members), Ian founded Anchor In., a UK-based company, together with his German wife Anke Lohmann who is an expert in photonics and quantum technology. The Anglo-American perspective mixed with his passion for high tech innovation make Ian a valuable partner and speaker for us.
- The event is primarily aimed at members of OptoNet e.V. and is free of charge for them.
- Other interested parties are welcome to attend the event for a fee of EUR 49.
- You will receive the access data for the ZOOM platform on time before the start of the event.